This page has moved to a new address.

Breakup Recovery Song: Kenny Chesney, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sara Evans

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Breakup Recovery Song: Kenny Chesney, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sara Evans

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Breakup Recovery Song: Kenny Chesney, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sara Evans

"SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL"           LYNYRD SKYNYRD


THE Southern Rock Band lead by the incomparable Ronnie Van Zant.   In his short life, he inspired a generation and wrote epic songs like Freebird and Simple Man that will live forever in rock & roll history.   This is an interesting message song about gun control, especially since Ronnie was a gun owner.    But the lyrics demonstrate that impulse violence is always possible when a gun in around.   "Ain't good for nothing, put a man 6 feet in a hole".


"A LITTLE BIT STRONGER"                     SARA EVANS

First off, Sara Evans is one of the sexiest women in country music history.    This song was written by Lindsey of Lady Antebellum but rather than record it, she offered it to Sara.   For anyone who's had a traumatic breakup, it's a struggle, you have your good days and then something (a song, a comment from a friend, a picture found in a box in your closet) triggers all of those emotions again.   This brilliant video captures Sara dealing with the pain and getting stronger and stronger over time.    Great video to build your confidence and pick yourself back up when life feels rough.    Sara's emotional performance of "A Little Bit Stronger" at the CMT Awards received a standing ovation!



"I GO BACK"                              KENNY CHESNEY 

On New Year's Eve, the perfect song is "I Go Back" by Kenny Chesney.     Kenny wrote this song about a high school friend who died at age 16 but there is nothing morose in the lyrics.


"Jack and Diane" painted a picture of my life and my dreams
Suddenly this crazy world made more sense to me
Well I heard it today and I couldn't help but sing along
Cause everytime I hear that song


We all have a song that some how stamped our lives
Takes us to another place and time
So I go back to a pew, preacher, and a choir
Singin' about god, brimstone and fire
And the smell of Sunday chicken after church
And I go back to the loss of a real good friend
And the sixteen summers I shared with him
Now "Only The Good Die Young" stops me in my tracks
And everytime I hear that song
I go back, I go back

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home