This page has moved to a new address.

The XFactor Underdog: Chris Rene, Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa, Goldfinger

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: The XFactor Underdog: Chris Rene, Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa, Goldfinger

Friday, December 23, 2011

The XFactor Underdog: Chris Rene, Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa, Goldfinger

"I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU"      BETH HART & JOE BONAMASSA


Interesting pairing of two artists who consistently have put out high quality, consistent CD's but haven't hit it big time.    Beth Hart has a Janis Joplin-style of blues, rock, jazz, and probably got her most exposure for "Learning To Live" a motivational workout song used by Jillian of NBC's Biggest Loser.   Guitarist Joe Bonamassa has been putting out decent blues CDs for years.    This new CD also features a great version of "I'd Rather Go Blind"



"LITTLE HOMIE"                       CHRIS RENE

From Wednesday night's finale of Fox's X-Factor, Chris reprised his self-written song to his son about his promise to stay sober.   You had to get goosebumps watching Chris talk about how much his son means to him and wanting to make his son proud.   The song brought Nicole and Paula to tears.


That's how it's supposed to be,
Living life with loved ones close to me,
Shh, ahh, this is the remedy,
And I got the recipe, I don't need no Hennessy,
Yeah, it's been three years now,
Haven't had a drink and I'm starting to see clear now,
I'm putting all my fears down,
I can hear the cheers now,
Seeing peace signs when I look around,
Hey, young homie what you tripping on
Looking at life, like how did I get it wrong,
Life's too short, gotta live it long, 






"99 LUFTBALLOONS"               GOLDFINGER

An awesome punk cover of the 80's smash by Nene.     Just like the original, they throw in some of the lyrics in German!   Goldfinger are a L.A. punk/ska band who also do a great cover of Joe Jackson's "Is She Really Going Out With Him".     Did a little research on the band and they're big advocates for animal rights, which makes me like them even more!    99 Luftballoons was recorded in English and German in the 80's but surprisingly the German version is the one that did the best on the charts.   Goldfinger's cover also appeared on the video game, Gran Turismo 3.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home