This page has moved to a new address.

Angels Among Us: Kid Rock, Alabama, Leann Rimes

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Angels Among Us: Kid Rock, Alabama, Leann Rimes

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Angels Among Us: Kid Rock, Alabama, Leann Rimes

"YOU NEVER MET A M.F. LIKE ME"       KID ROCK

Love or him or hate him, attend a Kid Rock concert and you will be blown away by this man's musical talent.   Kid Rock is an entertainer supreme.    During one song, he'll play lead guitar, jump on the drums for an extended solo, DJ scratching (and pouring himself a shot of Jack Daniels with the other hand) besides singing the song!    This hilarious, but edited :(,   video shows him using Radiohead toilet paper, cameos by his ex-wife Pamela Anderson and a Skynyrd guitar solo by Hank Williams Jr!



"RIGHT KIND OF WRONG"                 LEANN RIMES

The most commercial song in Leann's catalog, this one was made famous when Piper Perabo sang it in Coyote Ugly.     "Can't Fight The Moonlight" was the single but this one is the hidden gem on the soundtrack.     Check out the lyrics!


I know all about,
Yea about your reputation
And now it's bound to be a heartbreak situation
But I can't help it if I'm helpless
Every time that I'm where you are
You walk in and my strength walks out the door
Say my name and I can't fight it any more
Oh I know, I should go
But I need your touch just too damn much
Loving you, That isn't really something I should do
I shouldn't wanna spend my time with you ya
Well I should try to be strong
But baby you're the right kind of wrong


"ANGELS AMONG US"                    ALABAMA

One of my favorite Christmas songs and it's not even a Christmas song!    Alabama's epic ballad about how true heroes (angels) are always helping people in their dire time of need.    Whether it be NYC 9/11, nurses calming our fears before surgery, people who risk everything to save someone in danger, your dog who can't wait to see you come home and showers you with unconditional love, to something as simple as a friend with the right words when you need it the most:  Angels are among us and this song always get to me.   The children's choir and the gospel build-up make this amazing song a unique but vital part of Alabama's legacy.  

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home