This page has moved to a new address.

A Spiritual Journey: Lifehouse, The Replacements, Silverstein

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: A Spiritual Journey: Lifehouse, The Replacements, Silverstein

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Spiritual Journey: Lifehouse, The Replacements, Silverstein

"EVERYTHING"                     LIFEHOUSE

A song that each listener will take away their own meaning.   Jason Wade, lead singer, is a Christian so you can definitely see the emotional connection to God in lyrics like "how can i stand here with you, and not be moved by you?"   As a love song to someone who has changed your life, these lyrics with the slowed down pace are awe-inspiring...


Find me here,
And speak to me.
I want to feel you,
I need to hear you.
You are the light,
That's leading me,
To the place,
Where I find peace again.


You are the strength,
That keeps me walking.
You are the hope,
That keeps me trusting.
You are the light,
To my soul.
You are my purpose,
You're everything.



"ACHING TO BE"                      THE REPLACEMENTS

Growing up in my late teens in Minneapolis, I got exposed to Punk Music, the great bands out of Minneapolis like Husker Du, The Replacements, The Jayhawks, and Soul Asylum.   I remember seeing Winona Ryder watching her boyfriend, Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum, at a bar on First Avenue.   This was before she or the band had really made it big.   Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson of the Replacements made commercial hits but they are credited by most newer bands as a HUGE influence.


"APOLOGIZE"                             SILVERSTEIN

A cover of a song made famous by Timberland and One Republic.    Silverstein reinvent the song by cranking up the intensity with harder beats, more dramatic singing, plus a little scream-o in the middle of the song.   "Apologize" appears on the CD Series, Punk Goes Pop.    You have to blast your radio during the line "it's TOO LATE to apologize!"

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home