This page has moved to a new address.

Guest A Blog? new Christina Perri, No Doubt, Pink, Jes with Tiesto, Jessie McCartney, Rod Stewart

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Guest A Blog? new Christina Perri, No Doubt, Pink, Jes with Tiesto, Jessie McCartney, Rod Stewart

Friday, July 20, 2012

Guest A Blog? new Christina Perri, No Doubt, Pink, Jes with Tiesto, Jessie McCartney, Rod Stewart

Want to dedicate some songs to someone special?    Want to take a trip down memory lane with some favorites of yours?   Send me a request!   I'm putting up two today!

MUSIC TRIVIA:  What is Pink's real name?  Yesterday:  Eddie Vedder wrote "pro-choice" on his arm

DEDICATION #1:  
"WHO KNEW"    PINK!
My all-time favorite song by Pink!    Love that line:  "If someone said three years from now, you'd be long gone, I'd stand up and punch them out".   I first saw Pink as the opening act for Lenny Kravitz.    Amazing stage presence, powerful vocals, she even did a cover of Janis Joplin.
"DON'T SPEAK"              NO DOUBT
Back to back days with No Doubt songs!   We all know the story of the song.   Gwen was dating Tony, the bassist in the band, and their breakup set the stage for one of the biggest songs of the 90's.   Lesson of the day:  Be careful dating anyone you work with, UNLESS you're in No Doubt and want a MTV Award Winning Video!
  
 "REASON TO BELIEVE"   ROD STEWART and THE FACES
"If I listened long enough to you, I'd find a way to believe it's all true, knowing that you lied straight faced while I cried, still I look to find a reason to believe" -   Put this song's lyrics up with "The First Cut Is The Deepest", "Mandolin Wind", and you have evidence that Rod Stewart's songwriting skills in the 70's were impeccable.

DEDICATION #2:
"DISTANCE" and "THOUSAND YEARS"   CHRISTINA PERRI with JASON MRAZ
At first glance, I didn't recognize Christina in this video with her longer hair and darker skin.   Jason Mraz joins Christina on this love song or is it a break up song?   The thing about distance whether it's physical or emotionally is that is hard to endure for a long time.   The critical line, "saying I love you when you're not listening" - deep meaning behind those simple lyrics.   Jason is touring and Christina is his opening act so I anticipate this will be a great concert moment when they team up nightly for this beautiful duet.   Also included, Christina's "Thousand Years" video.




"IMAGINATION"  JES FT. TIESTO
Great song choice!  Jes teamed up trance DJ Tiesto, for a great version of Imagination.  Check out these lyrics: "I can tell in your eyes exactly where you go, 'cause I have been to every distant constellation to see you again, in the world of my mind, there's nothing I wouldn't do!"


"BEAUTIFUL SOUL"    JESSE McCARTNEY
Usually if I put a McCartney on my blog, it'd be Paul but I've got to give Jesse credit for this tender love song.  It sounds like a lost Backstreet Boys ballad with the bouncy beat and the hopeful youthful lyrics.   Fun Fact on Jesse:  He's the voice of Theodore on the Alvin & The Chipmunks movies.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7/24/12, 3:21 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

I loved Pink, Gwen stefani and rod Stewart songs. Distance was depressing. :( but pretty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home