This page has moved to a new address.

Robo Redneck? Mike Judge And The New Animated Zac Brown Band Video: New Lady Antebellum, MGK, Young Presidents With Corey Glover

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Robo Redneck? Mike Judge And The New Animated Zac Brown Band Video: New Lady Antebellum, MGK, Young Presidents With Corey Glover

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Robo Redneck? Mike Judge And The New Animated Zac Brown Band Video: New Lady Antebellum, MGK, Young Presidents With Corey Glover

DAILY MUSIC TRIVIA QUESTION:  What All-Pro NFL Quartback did Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum date in 2010?   Yesterday's Answer:  Scotland

"WANTED YOU MORE"  - LADY ANTEBELLUM
This new country song will be heading straight to the top of the charts.   The wholesome, All-American, Lady Antebellum mix things up with a video that is edgy, intense, and almost has a Twilight kind of feel in the ending.  Written during a tour soundcheck, they described the song as the next stage in their "Need You Now" saga.    Fun fact about Hillary Scott, the opening acts for Tim McGraw's 2010 Tour were Lady Antebellum and Love & Theft. Chris Tyrell drumming for L&T and Hillary fell in love during the tour.  Since then, they've gotten married and he's the new drummer for Lady Antebellum! 


"THE WIND"  -  ZAC BROWN BAND
Mike Judge created Beavis & Butthead and King Of The Hill on TV plus movies like the cult classic, Office Space.   What's he up to lately?  Producing and creating the new video for the Zac Brown Band.   The bluegrass styled video for "The Wind" is animated and Zac gets remade as a Robo Redneck following a crazy swamp accident.   The new CD, Uncaged, by the Zac Brown Band is set to release today.  Two notable collaborations, "Day That I Die" with Amos Lee and a Caribbean-styled jam with Jason Mraz on "Jump Right In".


"INVINCIBLE"  - MGK Ft ESTER DEAN
Who's the first white rapper to ever win at the famed Apollo Theatre in NYC?  MGK, aka Machine Gun Kelly, got his moniker after his lightning quick rhymes.  He's a guy from Ohio who created some mixtapes, got noticed by MTV's Sucker Free show, and Jimmy Iovine and Diddy signed him to Bad Boy.  First impression is "white rapper", oh no! but he's got a great flow here on  "Invincible".  Hearing Ester Dean with the great hook though, keeps reminding me of Eminem with Rihanna during the song.


"UNACCEPTABLE YOU "  - THE YOUNG PRESIDENTS With Corey Glover 
A new two man rock band out of New York that aspire to bring back the "power trio" of rock:  guitars, bass, drums.   Love that their heroes are Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Nirvana!   Yet, the reason I added this video is that they got Corey Glover from Living Colour to sing on it.   WOW!   That powerful voice, Corey's music has always been on the verge of "too much" but what a great surprise seeing his return here.   Did a little search on Corey, Living Colour released a CD of new material in 2009 (who knew?) and he's leading a new band called Galactic, based out of New Orleans.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 7/10/12, 12:47 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

My goodness Mike, another 3 amazing songs!!! My favorite was "Wanted you more" Lady Antebellum. Her vocals are incredible!! The bass player in The Young Presidents is freaking bad ass!!!I could listen to them play all day! MGK was pretty cool! I'll have to introduce his music to Sarah. She's a big Eminem fan. :))))

 
At 7/10/12, 12:53 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Oh and The Zac Brown band song video was hysterical!!!! Too funny! Also, the ending of "Wanted you more" did have a Twilight feel, without a doubt.

 
At 7/10/12, 1:05 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

The Young Presidents don't have a cd I could find but they have a Myspace with other songs. Yes, that Lady Antebellum song will go #1 for sure, even with the band getting sparkly at the end of the video! I changed some colors around, look ok?

 
At 7/10/12, 1:25 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Sparkly at the end of the video... I love it!! Maybe they are going to use that song in the next Twilight movie. lolololol... you know I'll be watching it!! :D Actually I did notice something different with the color and it looks great!!!! I usually look at your daily jukebox on my iPhone but I'll be using my computer at home to check out your 3 songs daily from now on. I've been missing out on a lot of details. You put so much into the daily jukebox and it's such a good feeling!! You're the best!!!

 
At 7/10/12, 4:42 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Trivia answer is Aaron Rodgers, I think. ^_^

 
At 7/10/12, 10:04 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Mel, you're right! Aaron Rodgers was the right answer. Yes, when I check this on my phone versus the internet, it does look different. I think it's optimized for a computer. You're becoming my P.R. director, spreading the word, getting new people to check it out. SO AWESOME! Tomorrow's is one of my favorites, all cover songs but you'll love it!

 
At 7/13/12, 8:47 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Oh cool I got the trivia answer right!!! Sweet!! Your P.R. director, that's most awesome!!! I can't help but to spread the word about your daily jukebox. Your passion and knowledge about music just blows my mind!! :D :D :D You were certainly right about the cover songs, freaking amazing!!!

 
At 7/13/12, 11:18 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Yes, I'll be hiring you as my PR director and guest columnist!

 
At 7/27/12, 4:24 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Mike you are so awesome!! You always make my day. I'm truly blessed to have a friend like you. :))))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home