This page has moved to a new address.

Brothers Under The Sun Hangover: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Brothers Under The Sun Hangover: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Brothers Under The Sun Hangover: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen

"COME OVER"   KENNY CHESNEY
It's been one week since I went to the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert extravaganza.   What an amazing show!   You may not be a country music fan but you will become a Kenny Chesney fan if you attend one of his shows.   He's electric on stage.  Like any great showman, he knows how to work a crowd, pull your heartstrings, get the party started, and draws you into his lyrics.   "Come Over" just premiered and will be released on his new CD, Welcome To the Fishbowl, this month.   Kenny described it as a "sexy bootycall that you just can't shake from your memory" :)



"BETTER THAN I USED TO BE"   TIM McGRAW
"I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see, I ain't as good as I'm going get, but I'm better than I used to be". Tim McGraw played most of earlier classics at the concert but he did include some new songs.   The ballad that blew everyone away was this song, "Better Than I Used To Be".   50,000 people were singing along with Tim lines like, "I can't count the people I've let down, the hearts I've broke, you don't have to dig too deep to find the dirt on me", vulnerable lyrics that we can all relate to.

"THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY"   JAKE OWEN
Watching Jake Owen open up the concert, the arena was about 20% full.  For those who missed it, his set was incredible!   Rocking covers of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "That Smell" and an Alabama Greatest Hits medley perfectly segued with his big hits like "Barefoot Blue Jean Night" and "Alone With You".   I kept thinking in a couple of years, Jake will be the headliner filling up stadiums.    "The One That Got Away" is New Country, no twang, rock guitars, lyrics that feel like they were written about your life.    This behind the scenes video is a lot of fun!





Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home