This page has moved to a new address.

Brothers Under The Sun Tour At Tampa Stadium: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen, Grace Potter

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Brothers Under The Sun Tour At Tampa Stadium: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen, Grace Potter

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Brothers Under The Sun Tour At Tampa Stadium: Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen, Grace Potter

"BETTER AS A MEMORY"    KENNY CHESNEY
The Brothers Under The Sun kicks off today at Tampa Stadium.   Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen, and Grace Potter plus who knows what guest stars will drop in for the big event.  After each of the four solo sets, Kenny and Tim will be playing a 40 minute set during which they'll be playing each others songs, rock covers, anything goes!  Luckily, I was able to get club level tickets at the last minute!   

Kenny released a 3-D concert film in the summer of 2010.   Here's a version of "Better As A Memory" from the last day of the tour when Kenny's emotions took over.   The crowd sang almost the entire song for an unforgettable concert moment.

 "SOMETHING LIKE THAT"   TIM McGRAW
My first big country music concert was Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and a relative unknown Australian opening act at the time named Keith Urban in the mid 90's.   I didn't know much by Tim but knew all of the big Faith Hill crossover hits.   Wow!   What a fun experience! Keith's guitar skills blew us away.  Faith Hill came next and Tim joined her for songs like "It's Your Love".  When Tim McGraw hit the stage to close the show, the crowd went insane.  "I Like It, I Love It, I Want Some More Of It" and "Something Like That" were incredible.  Always loved the line - "she had a BBQ stain on her white t-shirt, killing me in that mini-skirt, heart can't take something like that!"

"EIGHT SECOND RIDE"   JAKE OWEN
Florida has been the breeding ground of many country music superstars and the next to join this elite club is Vero Beach's Jake Owen.   I saw Jake open for Keith Urban last summer and he's unbelievable live!   Jake has a rock n' roll energy, movie star looks, and songs that will get you singing along the first time you hear them.    Yes, the double entendres in "Eight Second Ride" are laughable but the song rocks!  

"PARIS (Ooh La La)"    GRACE POTTER and the NOCTURNALS
Blues rocker, Grace Potter, is the fourth member of the Brothers Under the Sun tour.    Hmmm, watching Grace jamming on her guitar, sexy legs shimmering under her short skirt, I'm not sure she fits the "Brothers" tour theme.   Grace teamed up with Kenny Chesney for the beach themed ballad "You And Tequila (Drive Me Crazy)"  and I'm sure that will be a highlight of the concert set having the two pair up for the duet.   This version of her hit, "Paris", comes from the Ellen DeGeneres Show (a big fan of Grace).


 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6/2/12, 12:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the concert Mike!!! I would have loved to see Tim McGraw. Take pics!!! Btw I'm still waiting on pics for RockFest, whenever u get a chance. :))))

 
At 6/2/12, 8:48 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Thanks!! I just posted a bunch on Facebook. I'll email you the extras I didn't post.

 
At 6/5/12, 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK first u suck that u went to Kenny Chesney LOL! I love when u talk about older concerts and I share the memories because you showed me so much in music. I had not heard this better than a memory or darkside by Kelly. nice post MP from Peggy p.

 
At 6/5/12, 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see pics! peg

 
At 6/11/12, 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my son was the one who got guitar at end of show. if you have any pics please e mail to yts.david@gmail.com. Thanks Dave

 
At 6/14/12, 2:14 PM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

How incredible to get the guitar!! I was on the side of the stage 1st level so I didn't really take many pictures and none of the guitar. But I'll ask around! Congratulations to your son, what did he do with it? Great keepsake

 
At 6/25/12, 4:30 AM , Blogger Jimmy Carter said...

Really had a great time at the concert yesterday!!! I loved to see Tim McGraw.I would like to see them perform again so have ordered tickets from GoodSeatTickets for their next show! Will be happy if I could get info about upcoming Brothers of the Sun tour dates!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home