This page has moved to a new address.

PETA Warriors: Third Eye Blind, Rise Against, Patty Smyth, Dead Milkmen

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: PETA Warriors: Third Eye Blind, Rise Against, Patty Smyth, Dead Milkmen

Thursday, January 19, 2012

PETA Warriors: Third Eye Blind, Rise Against, Patty Smyth, Dead Milkmen


"DEEP INSIDE OF YOU" (Live)         THIRD EYE BLIND

Intense relationship lyrics on this song!  Those moments when you can't decide if you love them, hate them, lust, lasting memories, secrets, dreams, passion, sex, doubts, so many complex emotions exposed in these amazing lyrics.


When we met light was shed
Thoughts free flow you said
You’ve got Somethin’
Deep inside of you


A wind chime voice sounds
Sway of your hips ‘round rings true
It goes deep inside of you
These secret garden beams
Changed my life so it seems


A Fall breeze blows outside
I don’t break stride
Thoughts are warm
And they go deep inside of you
Oh yeah    And I never felt alone
Alright  Ohhh ohhh ‘til I met you


Friends say I’ve changed
I don’t listen   ‘Cause I live to be
Deep inside of you
Slide up her dress
Shouts in darkness
I’m so alive
I’m deep inside of you


You said boy made girl feel good
But still Deep inside still
I never felt alone
‘Til I met you
I’m alright on my own
And then I met you
And I’d know what to do if I just knew what’s comin’


I would change myself if I could
I would walk with my people if I could find ‘em  And I’d say that I’m sorry to you
I’m sorry to you
And I don’t wanna call you
But then I wanna to call you
‘Cause I don’t wanna crush you
But I feel like crushin’ you
And it’s true
I took for granted you were with me
I breathe by your looks and you look right through me


P.S.  Props to Stephen Jenkins for dating Charlize Theron! 

  
"SAVIOR"       RISE AGAINST
 
Fun Fact:   Punk rockers, Rise Against, were named PETA's Most Animal Friendly Band for their support for animal rights.   They've been around for about 10 years and their sound reminds me of Social Distortion and Bad Religion.   "Savior" is probably the first "love song" I've heard from them and it's currently rising up the rock charts, love their energy here!  Great lyric:  "I love you but I'm not the answer for the questions that you still have." 




"ISN'T IT ENOUGH"  (Letterman)      PATTY SMYTH

First saw Patty Smyth in concert on Halloween night at the Orpheum in downtown Minneapolis when Scandal opened for John Waite.   Patty was dressed in a witch costume and blasted out "The Warrior", "Hands Tied" and all of Scandal's first two albums.    Mrs. John McEnroe turns up her feisty NYC attitude with this straight ahead rocker from an early Letterman Show.  There is something so sexy about women rockers!   I can see why the girls fall for the bad boys in the band.




"PUNK ROCK GIRL"                    DEAD MILKMEN

Early MTV favorite from this humorous punk band from Pennsylvania.   This was a college radio staple and featured in a Beavis and Butthead episode.    Ignore the simple chords, the off-key vocals, and the rambling silly lyrics about Minnie Pearl and Zipperhead.   At the core of this song, it's a root for the underdog silly love song!  If you know it, you love it and it'll be stuck in your head again!  If you've never heard it before, hopefully you'll smile at what kind of music,  crazy people in the 80's listened to.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/19/12, 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Third Eye Blind, I loveee it! That's one of my favorite songs:) and without a doubt it has intense relationship Lyrics :)

 
At 1/19/12, 8:24 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Yes, that live version video is excellent, love the part where they slow it way down then the intensity builds

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home