This page has moved to a new address.

Are You Ready For Love?: India.Arie, Ricky Martin and Big Pun, Iyaz

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Are You Ready For Love?: India.Arie, Ricky Martin and Big Pun, Iyaz

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Are You Ready For Love?: India.Arie, Ricky Martin and Big Pun, Iyaz

"READY FOR LOVE"                          INDIA.ARIE

Gibbs High student, Michael Lynche, did a masterful performance of this song on American Idol a few years ago.   The song was dedicated to his wife who had just given birth.   This tremendously poignant and emotional song belongs to India.Arie but it took an amazing twist when sung by a male singer.   Either version, you can't take your eyes away from the performer and you're sucked into these incredible lyrics:


I am ready for love
Why are you hiding from me
I'd quickly give my freedom
To be held in your captivity


I am ready for love
All of the joy and the pain
And all the time that it takes
Just to stay in your good grace
Lately I've been thinking
Maybe you're not ready for me
Maybe you think I need to learn maturity
They say watch what you ask for
Cause you might receive
But if you ask me tomorrow
I'll say the same thing
I am ready for love
Would you please lend me your ear?
I promise I won't complain
I just need you to acknowledge I am here


If you give me half a chance
I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music
A man who loves art
Respect's the spirit world
And thinks with his heart


I am ready for love
If you'll take me in your hands
I will learn what you teach
And do the best that I can




"LA VIDA LOCA (Remix)"            BIG PUN with RICKY MARTIN

Big Pun(isher) was a major influence on rap in the Hispanic community.   Coming out of the Bronx, Big Pun teamed with other Puerto Rican rappers, Fat Joe and Cuban Lynx and made many memorable hip hop classics.    Big Pun died at 29 years old at 780 lbs!!!!   How could that happen to anyone?    My favorite song of his is the remix of Ricky Martin's mega-hit La Vida Loca.    The song merges two mega Puerto Rican stars and features Spanglish lyrics. 





 "SOLO"                                   IYAZ

From the summer of 2010 is this smooth reggae R&B jam by Iyaz.    He's from the Islands and really captures the Caribbean vibe on this infectious song.    There is a prominent sample of Janet Jackson's "Alone" featured in the chorus.


Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/4/12, 3:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, I love all 3 songs but Ready for Love gave me goose bumps. The lyrics are beautiful :)

 
At 1/4/12, 3:30 PM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Thanks for commenting! Check out the Michael Lynche version of the song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wl6EXxLP5U it'll give you even more goosebumps.

 
At 1/4/12, 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you both. Yes, love does take time, patience, dedication, & endurance - thru good & difficult times...a love that is true can weather any storm. ~Parvati

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home