This page has moved to a new address.

Waiting For The New Justin Timberlake CD?: Monica, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Waiting For The New Justin Timberlake CD?: Monica, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting For The New Justin Timberlake CD?: Monica, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith

"SENORITA"     JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
Why isn't Justin Timberlake releasing a new CD?   It's been rumored that he's working on a follow up to his 2006 FutureSex/LoveSounds multi-platinum CD.   Yet, in an interview with Playboy Magazine, Justin said he loves writing music but he's jaded by how "making music becomes a total life-sucking commitment".   There is no definite update about a new CD, but I'm sure many like me would love to see some new JT this upcoming year!   Here's Senorita from his debut disc, complete with a Latin flavored Pharell beat, cowbell in the chorus, and a bevy of hot female dancers in the video.


"1000 KISSES"    WILL SMITH and JADA PINKETT SMITH
Despite the divorce rumors, Jada Pinkett Smith says of her husband, Will, they're "still heavily in love" and "these silly rumors get started every year or two".   For fifteen years, Will and Jada have been a Hollywood couple you want to root for.   Hear them talk about their kids, Jaden and Willow, and you can see that they're strict but loving.    Will even got Jada to SING on a 2003 record called "1000 Kisses".   The playful, sexy video is adorable with the happy couple bringing back some silly 80's dance moves.   Jada has always looked stunningly beautiful, but especially so in this hidden treasure song!



"BELIEVING IN ME"     MONICA
Back in the mid 90's, a thirteen year old Monica was taking the R&B world by storm.   "Don't Take It Personal" and "The Boy Is Mine" with Brandy topped the charts.   Every new CD brought more personal issues into Monica's life and by 2003 she took a break from the music industry.  She stormed back in 2010 with a BET reality TV show documenting her comeback and a new CD, Still Standing.   The album featured many songs of empowerment and taking back your life, here's the haunting break-up song "Believing In Me":

LYRICS:  
Didn't know that I was selling my soul
To someone who didn't care at all
Couldn't see that you were bad for me
Gave so much that it was making me weak
Now I can't believe the way that it feels to finally be free
[Chorus:]
I've moved on
And I'm strong
I'm going back to the place
Where I know I belong
And I'm glad that your gone
Cause your not what I need
I'm believing in me

 


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/23/12, 2:57 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Wow... loved, loved, loved all three songs! The best lyrics were "Believing in me". Those lyrics are exactly how I can finally describe myself. "Senorita" was so much fun to dance to! :) My favorite was "1000 Kisses" what's not to love about that song? Will and Jada are so adorable together. The best part was the dancing!! Oh yeah!! lololol

 
At 8/23/12, 2:51 PM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Yay! Yes, Believing in Me is such an intense powerful song. I thought it was good to put that song with two fun songs like Senorita and 1000 Kisses. I loved Will and Jada's dancing too

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home