This page has moved to a new address.

2012 Election, Rock The Vote: Rage Against The Machine, One Less Reason, Royal Bliss

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: 2012 Election, Rock The Vote: Rage Against The Machine, One Less Reason, Royal Bliss

Sunday, August 19, 2012

2012 Election, Rock The Vote: Rage Against The Machine, One Less Reason, Royal Bliss

"BULLS ON PARADE"    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

With the 2012 election around the corner, actors and musicians will be taking sides supporting the candidate of their choice.    Tom Morello, formerly of Rage Against The Machine, has always been not only one of the greatest guitarists of all-time but one of music's leading political activists.   Tom supported the Occupy Wall Street movement, actively campaigned for political candidates, sued the U.S. government over the treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, and has kept up the fight for increased immigration rights.    On the classic RATM track, "Bulls On Parade", Tom asks how extravagant sums of money can be spent on the military when their own people suffer and starve.   It's a biting statement when you learn the U.S. spends almost more on their military (42% of worldwide expenditures) than ALL other countries combined.  Yet,our country is facing record unemployment, rising gas prices, and an ever-growing debt.   "They rally around the family with a pocket full of shells". 


"A DAY TO BE ALONE"          ONE LESS REASON
Prepare yourself, your jaw will drop in awe and your heart will sink after hearing this uber-emotional song by the Tennessee indie band, One Less Reason.   They're currently unsigned, how is that possible?   Dealing with a bad breakup or a relationship with an individual who drains your energy, perfect song for you.  Here's some of the lyrics: 
"Tell me about those nights you stayed awake,
Tell me about those days you hated me,
Tell me how you'd rather die alone
Than being stuck here with me
And maybe you've fallen down
And maybe you just took the long way home
But baby you could never love you like me
And one day this will fade away
In the mirror you'll see a smiling face
And standing next to you will always be me, yeah me
"



"CRAZY"    ROYAL BLISS
"Yeah, I'm crazy for you baby, can't you see?   I'm wondering if you're crazy just like me?"   Not sure if you're going to win many points with your girlfriend asking if she's crazy, but I love the slow build and how Royal Bliss create a love song with an edge.    This comes from the 2012 CD, "Waiting Out The Storm".   It's a GOOD CD but I highly recommend their previous GREAT CD, "Life In-Between".   Royal Bliss is based out of the Northwest U.S. and they've been called the "unluckiest band in the world" for all of the personal tragedies they've dealt with.  I'm a big fan and still keeping an eye open for their major breakthrough. 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8/19/12, 4:02 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

Absolutely loved "Crazy"!!!! I played it like ten times!! "A day to be alone" has been played in my car numerous times. lolololol, and yes my heart sanked but what a great song! "Bulls on Parade" is totally badass!!!

 
At 8/19/12, 10:19 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Yes!! Crazy is so much fun! Tomorrow's theme is intense.

 
At 8/19/12, 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home