This page has moved to a new address.

Fifty Shades Of Grey, Animal House Meets Twisted Sister: Enigma, Alabama 3, Rebelution

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Fifty Shades Of Grey, Animal House Meets Twisted Sister: Enigma, Alabama 3, Rebelution

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fifty Shades Of Grey, Animal House Meets Twisted Sister: Enigma, Alabama 3, Rebelution

"PRINCIPLES OF LUST" (Full)  ENIGMA
Summer 2012, women have had their share of stimulation with the book release of "Fifty Shades Of Grey" and Magic Mike on film.  Fifty Shades has been a phenomena igniting massive book sales.  The story of a literature student named Anastacia interviewing a successful business entrepreneur with erotic interests that capture her fascination.  The couple embarks on a tantalizing, daring affair, that challenges their desires and hidden secrets.  In one scene, Mr Grey gives Anastacia an iPad with this sensual 90's song by Enigma.  

  
"WE'RE NOT GOING TAKE IT"   TWISTED SISTER
School starts back in a week, oh no!   To get you in the mood, here's Niedermeyer (from Animal House) as the scariest new teacher you'd ever want to see:  "Hello students, school has begun, the summer is over.  I am in command. Awwww... What was that?  For that little outburst, each and every one of you will spend three hours of detention TODAY immediately after school in the basement.   What do you think you're doing?   Twisted Sister?  What kind of a man desecrated a defenseless textbook?  I've got a good mind to slap your fat face.  You are destroying your life with that garbage.  Alright Mr Sister, I want you to tell me, no, better yet, Stand Up and tell the class,  what do you want to do with your life?"  


"WOKE UP THIS MORNING"  ALABAMA 3
Want to feel like a badass, crank up The Sopranos theme song and let the music take over.   Like the theme to HBO's True Blood, Alabama 3 create a deep Louisiana blues jam that oozes with Tony Soprano attitude.  "Woke up this mornin' got yourself a gun.  Mama always said you'd be the chosen one.  She said, 'you're one in million, you to to burn to shine', you were born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes."   Alabama 3 goes by A3 if you're looking for more music by the  British band.   I've read their live shows are incredible with the way they mix rock, country, blues, and gospel plus a little humor mixed in.


Daily Music Trivia:  What song is played during the last two minutes of The Sopranos finale?  Yesterday:  The Smashing Pumpkins appeared on Homerpalooza.

"HEART LIKE A LION"  REBELUTION
Following in the footsteps of Sublime, many surfer reggae bands picked up their slack since Brad's death.   Bands like Pepper, 311, Slightly Stoopid, Rebelution, and Iration blend their California and Hawaiian roots into a mix of rock, ska, and reggae.   Rebelution has released four CD's in the last six years.  "Heart Like A Lion" has always inspired me, the song comes from their 2007 CD, Courage To Grow.   Rebelution's reggae vibe is perfect chillout music to kick back, unwind, relieve some stress, and put some positive energy back into your life.   Last Saturday before school starts back, so I'm heading to the Gulf beach this weekend and you know I've got my iTunes beach playlist with some Marley, Pepper, RHCP, Rebelution, ska, and reggae, ready to play!





Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8/10/12, 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oh my that was some video... Enigma... I only had a few mins to watch one video. It's another crazy night at work. That was a pretty intense video. I have to say I have never read that book or watched Magic Mike. My friends are telling me " what are you waiting for??" " you have to watch that movie!!" and apparently I'm the only person who hasn't read the book. Maybe one day! ;)

 
At 8/10/12, 1:44 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

I haven't read the book either but I was curious what all of the fuss was about so I did a little research. Obviously I didn't go to Magic Mike :) but I do like the title of the movie.

 
At 8/10/12, 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magic Mike lol!! My favorite was "Woke up this morning". :) Twisted Sister was fun to watch! I really loved "Heart like a liom" it's so cool to unwind while I drink my beer. ;)

 
At 8/10/12, 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the beach!! :)))

 
At 8/10/12, 10:05 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

:) (:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home