This page has moved to a new address.

Sting Backs Up Craig David: RUN-DMC, Craig David With Sting, Alabama Shakes,

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Sting Backs Up Craig David: RUN-DMC, Craig David With Sting, Alabama Shakes,

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sting Backs Up Craig David: RUN-DMC, Craig David With Sting, Alabama Shakes,

"KING OF ROCK"    RUN D.M.C.

This is THE rap song that crossed over to rock fans and exploded rap onto MTV's heavy rotation.    Give some credit to Eddie Martinez, the lead guitarist for his memorable guitar licks.    Who doesn't get pumped up hearing those opening words:  "I'm the king of rock, there is none higher, sucker MC's should call me sire, to burn my kingdom, you must use fire, and I won't stop rockin' till I retire!"   No one has ever matched RUN D.M.C.'s influence on the rap/rock connection, true legends!

"RISE and FALL"    CRAIG DAVID Featuring STING!
After Craig David's massive success with "7 Days" and "Walking Away", he put out a CD called "Slicker Than Your Average" that didn't grab the audience like his previous release.   But there is a hidden gem on the disc, "Rise & Fall" features Sting and a prominent "Shape Of My Heart" reinterpretation.    The Sugababes tried to capitalize on the song's success but nothing beats this collaboration.


"I FOUND YOU"    ALABAMA SHAKES
I don't like to overplay any artists on my blog but I can't stop playing the Alabama Shakes.   Brittney (the lead singer) and Zac Cottrell shared their love of music in a high school psychology class and found they were musical soulmates.   This new band fuses multiple genres with true heart.   Faithful to their music influences, "I Found You" is breathtaking.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home