This page has moved to a new address.

I Will Try To Fix You: Coldplay, Neil Young, Dirty Heads

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: I Will Try To Fix You: Coldplay, Neil Young, Dirty Heads

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Will Try To Fix You: Coldplay, Neil Young, Dirty Heads

"FIX YOU"                                 COLDPLAY

From 2005, Coldplay's finest piece of work.   "Fix You" was written by Chris for his wife after the death of her dad.    The song is SO inspirational with lyrics like ""Lights will guide you home / And ignite your bones / And I will try to fix you."    The slow build up with the church organs and Chris Martin's falsetto, then the piano, before it all culminates with the electric guitar, drums, and the powerful moving chorus.     The song was even featured at Steve Jobs funeral.    Amazing Song!!!



"BELIEVE"                             DIRTY HEADS

Dirty Heads are one of the post-Sublime surfer/reggae bands out of California.    This song has a positive message about letting the music affect your life, being real, and singing songs you believe in.   They namedrop the Beastie Boys, Sublime, Naughty By Nature, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bob Marley, even B.B. King!   It's laid-back, refreshing, and perfect for a summer jam!



"LIKE A HURRICANE"                     NEIL YOUNG

Such an underrated guitarist, Neil Young, with one of the greatest electric guitar solos of all-time.    "Like A Hurricane" features feedback, punk guitar riffs, EMOTION, over one of the most beautiful set of lyrics ever.


Once I thought I saw you
in a crowded hazy bar,
Dancing on the light
from star to star.
Far across the moonbeam
I know that's who you are,
I saw your brown eyes
turning once to fire.


You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.


I am just a dreamer,
but you are just a dream,
You could have been
anyone to me.
Before that moment
you touched my lips
That perfect feeling
when time just slips
Away between us
on our foggy trip.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home