This page has moved to a new address.

Got You Where I Want You: Mishka, Susan Tedeschi, The Flys

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Got You Where I Want You: Mishka, Susan Tedeschi, The Flys

Friday, November 25, 2011

Got You Where I Want You: Mishka, Susan Tedeschi, The Flys

"HURT SO BAD"                               SUSAN TEDESCHI

Who'd have guessed a young, attractive Italian female from Boston would go on to become one of the most respected Blues singers of our generation?    Susan tackles the classic "Hurt So Bad" and owns it with this powerful vocal performance that reminds you a mix of Janis Joplin and Bonnie Raitt, Blues Royalty.    Susan is now leading the Tedeschi Trucks Band with her husband, guitar virtuoso, Derek Trucks.



"STARS WILL BE SHINING"                     MISHKA

I discovered Mishka listening to an interview by his friend, Matthew McConaughey, who was talking about the perfect chill-out music on the beach.   Mishka is a white reggae artist from Bermuda who Matthew signed to his record label.   You can feel the island breezes and picture the shining stars in the sky on this beautiful tropical song. 



"GOT YOU WHERE I WANT YOU"                     THE FLYS

A total one-hit wonder from the 1998 CD "Holiday Man".    This song reached #5 on the Rock charts but it's claim to fame is being used in the horror film "Disturbing Behavior" starring James Marsden and Dawson's Creek star, Katie Holmes (how her life has changed since then!).   The video got publicity for the suicide theme of people jumping off a cliff but it's over the top and the song deserved more credit.   It's simply one of the best songs of the 1990s!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/25/12, 4:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a new favorite to add to my mp3. Susan Tedesch's voice is so powerful and amazing! I've got Mishka's "Stars will be shining". I love that song. Dude, I've never heard of The Flys!! I love this guys voice. Another great find!! Thank you for posting this. I've got some really cool songs downloaded in my mp3 because of you. :)))

 
At 8/25/12, 11:17 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

More Tedeshi next Friday. This day was one of my favorite days ever, 3 awesome songs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home