This page has moved to a new address.

Linkin Park covers The Beastie Boys & Rare Song By The Cure: Five Finger Death Punch, Linkin Park, Breed 77, The Cure

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Linkin Park covers The Beastie Boys & Rare Song By The Cure: Five Finger Death Punch, Linkin Park, Breed 77, The Cure

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Linkin Park covers The Beastie Boys & Rare Song By The Cure: Five Finger Death Punch, Linkin Park, Breed 77, The Cure

"BLEED IT OUT / SABOTAGE"   LINKIN PARK
A week ago I saw the Linkin Park concert movie, Live In Berlin.   The band wanted to bring their fans together the night before the next day release of the new CD, Living Things.   Chester's voice is unparalleled, he FEELS every word he's singing, screaming, or rapping.   The concert ended with "Bleed It Out" (as expected) but the band tossed in the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" in the mix!!   The new CD is incredible, if Linkin Park comes to Florida, I'll be seeing them for the sixth time!

"REMEMBER EVERYTHING"  FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
Their style may not be for everyone but I've become a fan after seeing them dominate the 98Rockfest.   So much energy and emotion in their music, never more evident than in "Remember Everything" from their American Capitalist CD.   The video shows a child growing up in an abusive household and as his life progresses the memories stick with him and affect his future.   Powerful visual imagery!
 

"THIS TWILIGHT GARDEN"  THE CURE
"No one will ever take your place" is repeated by Robert Smith during this tranquil, beautiful love song.    The Cure put this song as the B-Side to their 1992 song "High".   I think it's one of the best songs they've ever recorded and definitely ranks as a "hidden treasure" song.   The Cure added the song to their career spanning box set, Join The Dots:  B-Sides and Rarities 1978-2001.  

"ZOMBIE"             BREED 77
A heavy metal cover of The Cranberries memorable anti-war alternative hit.   "Zombie" was inspired by the endless civil war strife in Ireland.  "Violence causes the silence" and "in your head, they're dying".    If ever a song deserved a mosh pit to get out the aggression, Breed 77's cover is the perfect outlet.   They're a British hard rock band who really sing like they feel the importance behind these memorable lyrics.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7/9/12, 3:11 AM , Blogger Melly5 said...

I almost died when I listened to The Cure song!!! I got to peek at this while I was at work but I just hooked up my computer and I'm going crazy with your daily jukebox!!! I loved "This twilight garden"!!! All of these songs were spot on!!!!!

 
At 7/12/12, 9:05 AM , Anonymous Lexi said...

Introduced to this blog by a friend (you may know her). I've been cruising through this site.... I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lexi :-) Good taste in music, brings me back to my teen years.

 
At 7/12/12, 9:47 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

Hey Lexi! Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I listen to so many types of music so there's a different music genre daily. Always the newest videos on Tuesday. Any suggestions? Any artists you want to see?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home