This page has moved to a new address.

The Cover Of The Rolling Stone: *Rare Shania Twain, Jerrod Niemann, Gary Allan, Dr. Hook

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: The Cover Of The Rolling Stone: *Rare Shania Twain, Jerrod Niemann, Gary Allan, Dr. Hook

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Cover Of The Rolling Stone: *Rare Shania Twain, Jerrod Niemann, Gary Allan, Dr. Hook

"AMNERIS' LETTER"             SHANIA TWAIN

From Elton John and Tim Rice's broadway soundtrack for Aida, comes one of Shania Twain's greatest vocal performances.  Even though  Shania has never been considered one of the best true singers, she is the top selling female country artist of all-time.  "Amneris' Letter" is breath-taking, vulnerable, and a must listen.


"DO WHAT YOU WANT"  JERROD NIEMANN


2010 was a big year for Jerrod.   Hitting #1 with Lover, Lover and top 5 with Do What You Want.   He said he wrote this song "to get out of a funk" after a phone call with his ex-girlfriend.   The video features Terry Bradshaw's (NFL announcer and Hall Of Fame QB) daughter.  She also sings backing vocals on the song!



"LIKE IT'S A BAD THING"   GARY ALLAN
Sometimes your worst moments lead you to your biggest success.  In 2004, Gary's wife battling depression, committed suicide.   Rather than give up on his music, he channeled his emotions into a raw, open, brilliant CD "Tough All Over".  Songs like "Life Ain't Always Beautiful", "Best I Ever Had" and "I Just Got Back From Hell" got the most attention.   "Like It's A Bad Thing" is my favorite song by Gary.   It captures my personality and how it's ok to do things different from everyone else.  Love these lyrics:  

They say, I'm proud of my scars
Each one tells a story
Got guts and glory down to an art
Say, I know what it's like
To see life pass right before my eyes
Like it's a bad thing.

I don't know about you but I was put here to live and love

So, what if I don't do it like everybody else does
I'm out on the edge, I'm too willing to risk
Every bone, every breath, they say, all I am is a crazy dream Like it's a bad thing.








"COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE"   Dr. HOOK

Probably more than any decade, the 70's had the most "fun" novelty songs.  Dr. Hook had a number of hits including "When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman" and "Sexy Eyes", but this satire of the music industry is their most memorable.   They finally made the RS cover but it was in cartoon form :)


 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home