This page has moved to a new address.

Your Makeup Looks Like Alice Cooper, "Who Is She, Is She Cute?" A Day To Remember, Alice Cooper, Sugarland

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Your Makeup Looks Like Alice Cooper, "Who Is She, Is She Cute?" A Day To Remember, Alice Cooper, Sugarland

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Your Makeup Looks Like Alice Cooper, "Who Is She, Is She Cute?" A Day To Remember, Alice Cooper, Sugarland

"OUT OF TIME"   A DAY TO REMEMBER
Warped Tour favorite, A Day To Remember, gets better with each CD.    A punk band that sings of real relationship issues balancing power chords and youthful intensity with deeply personal lyrics.    "Out Of Time" comes from the CD, "What Separates Me From You".   The song is a powerhouse, two people heading in opposite directions but wanting to make it work, intense lyrics.

"I NEVER CRY"    ALICE COOPER
Vincent Furnier, a.k.a. Alice Cooper, became one of the leading influences of shock rock adding theatrical themes to his live concerts.    An Alice Cooper concert was an spectacle and life-altering event.   Guillotines, boa constrictors, baby doll heads, guys wearing makeup all the while playing a combination of garage rock and heavy metal.   An early favorite of mine was the ultimate 70's slow jam, "I Never Cry" that had to catch everyone off guard discovering it was coming from rocker Alice Cooper.   "My hearts a virgin, it's never been tried"
"TAKE ME AS I AM"   SUGARLAND
Jennifer Nettles is a rocker at heart.   Before joining Sugarland, she released three rock CD's as the Jennifer Nettles Band.   "Take Me As I Am" flat out ROCKS, it's a roll down the windows and crank it up country music song.   "Slow to trust but quick to love,  I push too hard, give too much.  I ain't saying I'm perfect but I promise I'm worth it" = LOVE THESE LYRICS!!!








Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home