This page has moved to a new address.

Breathe Carolina Gets Down: KISS, Big Country

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Breathe Carolina Gets Down: KISS, Big Country

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Breathe Carolina Gets Down: KISS, Big Country

"DOWN"  (Jay Sean Cover)  BREATHE CAROLINA
Breathe Carolina is a band that has evolved over the years.   From their early post-hardcore sound, pop-punk, to their 2012 almost mainstream electronica dance beats.   I saw them at the State Theater in downtown St Pete and my good friend, Mel, met the band and got a t-shirt signed!   This cover of Jay Sean amps up the energy and includes a hardcore breakdown near the end.   Breathe Carolina is performing on the Warped Tour this summer, if you catch the tour, let me know your thoughts!


"EVERY TIME I LOOK AT YOU"   KISS
Wow, it's been TWENTY years since this song was released by KISS.   This song holds a LOT of very personal memories to me.   Paul Stanley's vulnerable lyrics mix perfectly with KISS's ability to rock out even on their most emotional ballads.    Time truly flies, 1992 feels like yesterday hearing this song.   I remember hearing it for the first time driving home from Banana's Records on US 19 Clearwater, times change! 

"IN A BIG COUNTRY"   BIG COUNTRY
How's that for ballsy, a brand new band releases their first single and names it after their unknown band!   Big Country splashed onto MTV with this driving rock song complete with bagpipes and fiddles.   The pride of Scotland, Big Country still tours on the reunion circuit with bands like Simple Minds and are looking into a new CD this year.


 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3/9/12, 2:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, the Kiss song is precious... I love love love the lyrics!! :D I'll never forget what a great time I had seeing Breathe Carolina with you. :D Good times!!! ^_^

 
At 3/10/12, 8:32 AM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

I still have my ticket stub for Attack Attack and Breathe Carolina, great times!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home