This page has moved to a new address.

Remember Martha Davis? Dashboard Confessional, The Motels, Pepper, and Joe Walsh

MIKE'S DAILY JUKEBOX: Remember Martha Davis? Dashboard Confessional, The Motels, Pepper, and Joe Walsh

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Remember Martha Davis? Dashboard Confessional, The Motels, Pepper, and Joe Walsh

"STOLEN"  DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL
One of the best of the Emo bands, Chris Carrabba's ability to set a mood sets D.C. apart from many of the pop-punk bands.  Hailing from Boca Raton, FL, "Stolen" was released in 2006 on the Dusk & Summer CD.    There is something so mesmerizing is Chris' soft chant of "You have stolen my heart".   Such a romantic song, this would be a perfect Valentine's Day dedication song!

"TOTAL CONTROL"  THE MOTELS
Martha Davis of the Motels was one of the first sex symbols of the MTV era.  Boasting a powerful vocal register, long dark hair and smoky eyes, Martha had the audience in "total control".    On the compilation CD, We Are The World, Tina Turner covered this song.   The Motels include a memorable saxophone solo on this lost classic.  One of my favorite song titles ever, The Motels - "Take The L Out of Lover (and It's OVER!)"

"WAKE UP"    PEPPER
This was on my own Wake Up Playlist all year in 2010.   Pepper is the pride of Hawaii and they bring rocking guitars and drums to their reggae/ska style.  This song was on an EP along with "Drunk Girl", great song to kickstart your day and give you a little boost!   BAD ASS VIDEO!!  Don't miss it!

"LIFE'S BEEN GOOD"  JOE WALSH
Growing up in Wisconsin, we'd make an annual camping trip to Shawano, WI.   Camping and fishing isn't my personal favorite but our campgrounds were next to a go-cart track.   Didn't matter when we came to this place, they had 5 songs on repeat.   "Life's Been Good", "Hot Blooded", "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "2 out of 3 Ain't Bad" and "More Than A Feeling".    Love Joe's line:  "my Maserati does 185, I lost my license now I don't drive!"
  

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/23/12, 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav is Stolen but I loved them all!! Without a doubt, I would have loved to listen to all those songs playing over and over at the campground. Freaking sweet!!! You're amazing Mike!!! Thanks!!! :D

Mel

 
At 2/23/12, 11:39 PM , Blogger Mike Pease said...

You're awesome! I LOVE Stolen, that's why it's on this list first. Whenever I hear Hot Blooded I flashback to those Wisconsin vacations. Music is so powerful to trigger our memories like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home